Is there an online user manual for 3D PDFs that explains how it works?Yes, there is online manual. You can use Adobe Reader to open the file. The Adobe application will automatically detect the file and enable the on screen... Read more
Viewing 3D with free Acrobat Reader.There was a version of Adobe Acrobat 3D that was capable of opening CAD files, but it was then pulled from the market. This was an attempt... Read more
Communicate and collaborate more securely with the complete PDF solution for 3D design.
Adobe® Acrobat® 3D software empowers CAD, CAM, and CAE users to convert virtually any CAD file to a highly compressed 3D PDF file to enable 3D-based collaboration and CAD data interoperability. Increase engineering productivity by sharing Adobe PDF files containing precise geometry and product manufacturing information with users of free Adobe Reader® software to mark up 3D designs, or leverage Adobe PDF files for downstream manufacturing processes without having to buy CAD translators.
3D-based design collaboration and visualization:
* Replace static 2D screenshots with interactive 3D-based designs.
* Produce compact Adobe PDF files that can be easily shared.
* Create Adobe PDF documents from OpenGL applications.
* Reduce the need to create 2D drawings by sharing product manufacturing information (PMI).
* Share 3D designs with anyone.
CAD data interoperability:
* Send CAD data to suppliers in Adobe PDF files.
* Optimize the process of releasing CAD data to suppliers.
* Eliminate the need to buy expensive CAD translators.
* Convert native CAD designs faster.
* Improve the quality of converted CAD data you rely on.
Technical communicators can use Acrobat 3D to create richer marketing and technical documentation with interactive 3D content.
Why 3D PDF:
PDF is a highly flexible, open standard that enables more secure visualization, collaboration, CAD data interoperability, and data publishing across the entire product lifecycle. With support for industry-leading compression technology, highly compressed 3D PDF files can contain precise geometry from large, complex CAD assemblies in an archive-quality format.
Find out why Adobe PDF is the right choice when you need to share product structures and metadata or want to distribute PMI directly on a 3D model.